South East Milton Keynes (Masterplan – Supplementary Planning Document)
Published: 19 October 2021
Milton Keynes Council has amended its proposals for the so-called South East Milton Keynes Development area (the land identified for up to 3000 new houses plus associated infrastructure) in the land between Woburn Sands, Wavendon, Bow Brickhill and Wavendon Gate/Old Farm Park. This follows the consultation held earlier in 2021.
The masterplan is due to be adopted as a Delegated Decision by Cllr Pete Marland (Leader of MK Council) on 9th November 2021 (but this is subject to confirmation). Go to https://milton-keynes.cmis.uk.com/milton-keynes/Home.aspx for the latest details.
In brief the proposed changes can be summarised as being;
· One main option for crossing the Bedford to Bletchley railway at V10 (Brickhill Street) rather than V11 through Old Farm Park and Browns Wood
· Relocated primary school closer to Wavendon
· Gypsy & Traveller site proposed now to be located at the far western end of the SEMK site close to Bow Brickhill railway station
· Widened buffer area around Wavendon
· Playing fields preferred on Woburn Sands (eastern end) of the site offering more buffer between the Groves and the new development areas
· Open space network added along Bow Brickhill Road
· Future linear park off Caldecotte Brook Linear Park, extending along Phoebe Lane (Wavndon) and passing along southern edge of Wavendon and connection to potential future growth areas to the *east of Newport Road (*to be decided in the Plan:MK2 review due to be published in 2025)
· Removed V11 (Tongwell Street) future proofed corridor south of railway line but retain open space network
· Stronger vision landscape led approach
· Focal open space provided adjacent to Spine Street
· Extended interconnected open space network
A copy of the presentation prepared by MK Council Planning Officers showing the changes can be viewed HERE.